Best Buy Warns of data breach
9 Apr 2018 admin
Best Buy is warning that some of its customers’ payment information may have been compromised in a data breach.
Best Buy, along with Delta Air Lines and Sears, to report the cyberattack last fall against a third-party operator of its chat services. Best Buy says a “small fraction” of its online customers may have been affected, whether or not chat services were used.
The software company, (24)7.ai, says it discovered and fixed the data breach in October. The attack may have exposed customers’ names, addresses, credit card numbers, card security codes and expiration dates.
Best Buy says it will directly contact any affected customers and they will not be liable for fraudulent charges. It will also offer free credit monitoring.
Categories: Latest News
Services We Provide
- Virus and Malware removal
- Computer repair & Laptop Repair
- Setup your new computer
- Reload Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10
- Wireless (wifi) assistance
- Backup Solutions, Setup Backup
- Printer repair, Clean printers
- Software installation
- Email Support
- Gmail - Outlook - Hotmail Help
- Networking - Network your computers
- Remote Computer Support
- Remote monitoring and management of computers
- Internet of Things - Home Automation - Google Devices - Alexa Devices - Roku - Samsung - Hue - Wireless Cameras